SUPPORT OUR STORIES FROM THE GLOBAL SOUTH!
Now is the perfect time to support our stories. The Knight Foundation is will match your donations, dollar for dollar! Click Here to GIVE!
From 5 April to 5 May 2018, please consider becoming a Supporting Member or Giving a Single Donation to fund our faraway field recordings! Our goal is to reach to cultural communities that lie beyond the everyday experience of many listeners. As we trek to the the end of the road in South Florida and hop over to Puerto Rico, and head for the Caribbean archipelago, Brazil and Senegal, we will explore culture making in parts of the world unknown to many of our listeners.
WITH YOUR SUPPORT, FreshArtINTL WILL
- Visit Puerto Rico for conversations with those rebuilding the island’s contemporary cultural life after the devastation of Hurricane Maria.
- Explore contemporary art, design, performance and film, beginning with Dak’Art, the Biennial of African Art in Dakar, Senegal. Traveling to West Africa will be a homecoming for host Cathy Byrd, who spent two years in the Peace Corps in Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) 40 years ago! It will be a true privilege to return with a fresh, yet seasoned, perspective to witness and document contemporary art production and display at the source of the African diaspora.
- Join this year’s roving meeting of artists and curators based in the Caribbean at Tilting Axis 4, when they convene in the Dominican Republic to explore Caribbean Cultural Ecologies.
- Venture to Martinique and Guadeloupe to reconnect with artists and communities represented in Miami’s 2018 Tout-Monde Festival, the first-ever U.S. festival of French Caribbean contemporary art, performance and film.
- Return to Brazil for the 33rd Bienal de São Paulo, to record with artistic director Gabriel Pérez-Barreiro and the artists he invited to curate the exhibition Affective Affinities.
- Reach Trinidad and Tobago to visit the Alice Yard residency program and participate in the Trinidad+Tobago Film Festival.
Follow us and Join us when you can!